Types of Physicals
- Adult Annual Physical Examinations
- Pre-Operative Physical Examinations
- Sports Pre-Participation Physical Exams (PPE)
- School Physical Examinations
- Employment Physical Examinations
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Physical Examinations
A systematic examination generally starts at the head and finishes at the extremities. After the main organ systems have been investigated, specific tests may follow (such as a neurological investigation, orthopedic examination) or specific tests when a particular disease is suspected. With the clues obtained during the history and physical examination we can now formulate a list of potential causes of any symptoms you may be experiencing. Specific diagnostic tests generally confirm the cause, or shed light on other, previously overlooked, causes.
A complete physical examination includes evaluation of patient appearance and specific organ systems. It is saved in the medical record for reference.